Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ezekiel 37:1-14

The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones. He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones become living people again?'
'O Sovereign Lord,' I replied, 'you alone know the answer to that.'”
v. 1-3

The dry bones represented the people's spiritually dead condition. Your church may seem like a heap of dry bones to you, spiritually dead with no hope of vitality. But just as God promised to restore his nation, he can restore my church, no matter how dry or dead it can be. Rather than give up, pray for renewal, for God can restore it to life. The hope and prayer of every church should be that God will put his spirit into it. In fact; God is at work calling his people back to himself, bringing life into dead churches and spiritually dead people.

Taken from the NLT Life Application Study Bible

0 comments: